Thursday, July 24, 2014

Welcome!

You know when you find something amazing and you just have to share it with someone else? Welcome to M's Pressions! This blog is my little space on the web where I can share with you my first impressions on the books I read or my "new finds." I'll be posting my reviews of various genre of books and possible other interesting items such as recipes (sometimes from the books I read) or patterns (my secondary passion is in yarn arts) or whatever else I come across and feel the need to share.

Just a little introduction about me: my name is Megan and I would described myself as a crazy book fiend. Anywhere I go where books may inhabit I embark on a personal mission to find as many books as cheaply possibly that look interesting. Flea markets, used books stores (current favorite is McKay's in Chattanooga), garage sales, dangerous places for me to go unattended, or even attended because if I find a great deal, I'm buying it. I don't limit myself to any "favorite" genre and my philosophy has become "Well, it could be good" so you will find a very eclectic collection here. Moving on, I live on top of a mountain in TN with my husband, Bobby and our wonderful (I know it sounds cliche but she is) 1 year old daughter, Amber. I work from home full time, take care of Amber full time, take care of the house part time, and of course read my books any spare minute I can find.

I decided to start this blog because 1) I have always wanted a way to share things with everyone and 2) I recently became active again on this really awesome site Goodreads. This site is a book lover's dream come true, allowing you to catalog all the books you've read, are currently reading and want to read, receive recommendations based on those "shelves," read and write reviews, make friends and... win free books. That last part is important. I love books! Especially FREE books! Typically, the site will list giveaways from authors and publishers that you can enter to win ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) or Galley Proofs. You choose which ones to enter, they hold a random drawing and you might win a free book, no catch. They do request you to review the book but it is not required. I just received my first First Reads book the other day (along with the second, third and finally a fourth) and, since I love sharing my reading experiences with other, I will be adding these books to my to-read pile (it's a really big pile so I have to bump them to the top) and posting my honest reviews both here and on Goodreads.

On a final note, I don't want to make this blog specifically about my Goodreads wins since that is not the only place I get my books from. I will be posting about many of the books I read, a lot of which are older and again in various genres. That being said, I am in the middle of reading three books right now: Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire, Miracles of a Mother's Love by Brad Steiger & Sherry Hansen Steiger, and There's Something About Christmas by Debbie Macomber. So keep an eye out. The first one done I'll be posting my "pressions."


No comments:

Post a Comment